[Solved:] Ubuntu 21.04. How to update Timeshift [to the latest developer's release]?

I’ve got Timeshift 20.11.1 installed. The latest version of Timeshift is 21.09.1. How do I update Timeshift to the latest version? Seems my Timeshift is not updated as part of Ubuntu Software Center updates.

I went to the Timeshift github GitHub - teejee2008/timeshift: System restore tool for Linux. Creates filesystem snapshots using rsync+hardlinks, or BTRFS snapshots. Supports scheduled snapshots, multiple backup levels, and exclude filters. Snapshots can be restored while system is running or from Live CD/USB. but don’t see any deb files for 21.09.1; I only see source code files. How to update my Timeshift to 21.09.1? Thanks.

You could:

1. Learn how to compile and install the Debian package. I see a Debian folder in that GitHub so it should be easier than from scratch.

or

1. Add the Timeshift developer’s PPA to your sources and install/update from there.
2 Likes

The PPA commands worked great. Timeshift is now updated. (I did a Timeshift snapshot before the update and upgrade, just in case.)

2 Likes

Could you mark this as “solved”? Thx.