Why This New ThinkPad Is My Favorite Linux Laptop

Well, the new Fedora-powered ThinkPad P53 laptop has spoiled me – and this MIGHT be the end of my love affair with my System76 Oryx Pro. Here’s a video about giving a Linux distro another chance, being totally spoiled by amazing hardware, and the beauty of combining nature with tech!

Shot on the beaches of Premantura, Croatia.

6 Likes

Welcome back Jason, we missed your tech enthusiasm.

Hello Jason, I’m a Lenovo rep and request that you send back this laptop immediately. Please send it to my private information I’ve provided in a separate email. :wink:

2 Likes

I’m typing this commend from a Lenovo B590 laptop that I’ve actually been using for a decade (yes, actually ten years, since 2010), which is crazy. I’ve upgraded the RAM and put in an SSD, and had to get the screen replaced because I dropped it, but other than that It’s been a rock solid reliable machine. It initially ran Windows 7, I upgraded it to Windows 8, which I hated and subsequently switched to Linux. Now, It has Windows 10 on it, just in case I need it, and because I have a custom built desktop and Entroware Apollo laptop that both run Linux.

I know I rambled on a bit here, but my point is it seems Lenovo’s still got it, 'cause that looks like another 10 year machine at least.

1 Like

I love my Thinkpad e595. Of course, I would like to have a backlit keyboard ( they do make one as a $60 option ). And, more than 4 cores would not be unwelcome.

I just love the modular design of the system. Replaceable memory, replaceable battery, M2 slot + 2 HDD bays, USB-C power charging, etc.

Oh, and it’s powered by Ryzen !!!

Nice try sir, very nice try.

1 Like

I look very forward to the day when I can talk about using a laptop for an entire decade!

3 Likes

Yep, I think my next laptop upgrade will be a ThinkPad. My current laptop is OLD, so ya.

Welcome Home. To Fedora. It’s a great distro. I think you will enjoy it.

1 Like

I really have been, and honestly wasn’t expecting to!