TPM Chip, Enable or Disable?

This is tangentially related to my previous question about SecureBoot, as I’ve stumbled across it while fiddling with my UEFI settings. My laptop has a hardware TPM chip that was originally used by the default Windows 10 install to trade keys with BitLocker for full disk encryption.

Now that I no longer have Windows 10 installed on it - is there any reason to keep the chip enabled? I’ve looked at articles on getting TPM working in Linux but they look pretty intimidating and if the only end-user convenience I’d get is not having to enter my encryption key at boot I really don’t care that much.

Does anyone else have experience working with TPM chips on a personal laptop in Linux? Is there a benefit to using it that I’m missing? I’m not particularly worried about this laptop being stolen - it never leaves my house and even in the event of a break-in it’s a fiddling machine with no real sensitive data on it.

The only reason you would need a TPM chip enabled is for encryption, so if you’re not going to be using encryption, you don’t need the TPM chip enabled.