I’ve recently installed Unraid and set up Nextcloud (Linuxserver.io version) + MariaDB from a guide (Installing Nextcloud on Unraid 2022 pt1 - YouTube). I stopped the guide at about 9:30, as I don’t want to connect Nextcloud to a domain (yet), but instead to my Tailscale network. I tested Nextcloud on my local network, and it works great. Yay! I then installed the Tailscale container, authenticated, and set the container so I will never have to login again in the Tailscale UI.
I then tried to access Nextcloud from [unraid_tailscale_IP]:444, which resulted in the predicable error “Access through untrusted domain.” Easy fix, right? I navigated to Nextcloud’s config.php file, and added Nextcloud’s Tailscale IP address to the trusted_domains section of that file. Then, I restarted both Nextcloud and MariaDB. Same error when trying to access Nextcloud from its Tailscale IP address, Nextcloud still works fine on my local network.
I then tried setting up Tailscale MagicDNS, and added that domain to my Nextcloud config.php. (I did check–this file is persistent across container restarts.) I couldn’t access Nextcloud from unraid:444 either. I even tried rebooting my Unraid server. This is what that part of the file looks like now:
0 => ‘192.168.199.2’,
1 => ‘tailscale_IP:444’,
2 => ‘unraid:444’,
What am I doing wrong? Here are four other bits of information:
- Linuxserver.io is issuing the Nextcloud container a “dummy cert” (for lack of a better term), which causes a bypassable error when I connect over my local network. Is this interfering when I try to connect over the Tailscale network (as I can only connect to Nextcloud over HTTPS on port 444)?
- I have a Firewalla Blue intercepting all traffic on my Network before it goes through the main router (that’s why my server’s IP address is .199.2). No traffic from my server has been blocked, however.
- I can access Photoprism just fine over the Tailscale network, either at tailscale_IP:2342 or unraid:2342
- Why is the trusted IP address over the local network 192.168.199.2? The server’s reserved IP address on my home network is 192.168.199.184. Nothing on my home network has the IP address 192.168.199.2!
Any ideas you guys have would be great. Thank you so much in advance!
Here’s a screenshot of the error message:
- Distribution & Version (Unraid 6.9.2 - trial)
- Kernel information (5.10)