Happy Sunday all. Need help regarding Ubuntu 19.10.
Ok so, I noticed that whenever I am copying pasting files, or opening programs, games, the cursor freezes randomly. I do not encounter this doing similar operations on Ubuntu 18.04.3.
I posted video on Telegram group.
- Distribution Ubuntu 19.10
- Kernel information : 5.3.0-19-generic #20-Ubuntu SMP Fri Oct 18 09:04:39 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
- When did the issue start happening? Since installing Ubuntu 19.10
- What steps do you take that cause the problem? Copy/Pasting files, opening games, programs, moving files etc.
- What hardware?
- Mostly happening during disk I/O from what i understand?
Could be the driver updated between releases, and now have bugs introduced.
Are you using Wayland by any chance?
22 models of swift 3, does however narrow it down a little bit. Ubuntu 18.04.3 ships with Linux Kernel 5.0, and 19.10 ships with 5.3.
From what I can find, the Swift 3 ships with a Synaptics touchpad, and should be well supported.
Can you run this for me to see if the driver is loaded correctly, and post the output of the command?
cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep -i synaptics
avi@avi-Swift-SF314-56:~$ cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep -i synaptics
cat: /var/log/Xorg.0.log: No such file or directory
Then you are using wayland, and this seems to be a wayland issue as per this bug https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=745032
Gnome have a lot of lag issues recently on wayland, and you can follow bugs on the issue from here: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=wayland%20mouse%20lag
That’s why I asked about Wayland as I’ve heard about that issue. FWIW, I am using X and have none of those issues.