I currently have a Unifi network setup in my home consisting of:
- USG Pro
- Unifi 24-port gigabit switch
- Unifi Cloud Key Gen 1
- 4x Unifi AP-AC wireless access points
I am concerned about the whole “reporting back to the mothership” thing and am contemplating replacing the whole thing with something comparable. Ubiquiti has not been clear as their future support for WireGuard. Remote management is a must as I am going to use the same basic setup scaled-down in a vacation home my family is building. Is there a solution by Mikrotik that would do the job? I was hoping @kernellinux would chime in on this but I understand that he is a busy guy.
For the record, I live in Miami. FL and my house is essentially made of poured concrete outer walls and gables with drywall interior walls. The second floor in the addition is on a 6-inch ferroconcrete slab separating the two floors. You have to love the South Florida Building Code. Their motto: “Wireless is a cancer that must be stopped at all costs!”
Ideally, the setup should be:
- 24-port gigabit switch, minimum (48-port for growth) POE if possible to power AP’s
- Wireless AP’s that would allow seamless networking across my house.
- Ability to manage remotely and provide secure connection via WireGuard
- Rack-mountable for my house.
The Mikrotik website is a tad confusing.