Login to websites from inside Thunderbird

Hi there,

I am looking for a way to log in into websites in Thunderbird; some feeds require a login to be able to read the posts, ie. some subreddits, Facebook, etc; but when the browser inside TB prompts for a login, and typing the login in it, it launches whatever browser is as defaut instead of login in the site.

I tried QuiteRss, Liferea, and these can login into sites and show me the feeds.

So does anyone knows how to do the same in TB?

Cheers.

what version of Thunderbird are you using?

I forgot to include that, sry,

I am using the Flathub version

Updated
August 27, 2020

Version

I am using Endeavour OS, the version on the repos is thunderbird 68.12.0-1.

Laters

Even their own site does not even mention this

It looks like it might be an issue with the Flatpak. Try it from the Arch Repos and see if it works there. If it doesnt then that would be an issue with the Flatpak.

I have tried Flatpak, Snaps, the distro’s repo (Endeavour, Fedora) and it is the same, but, I believe I am not explaining myself, so I took a screenshot.

So, this is what I mean, that is the view of the site inside Thunderbird, if I try to login to, in this example, reddit, when I click on the ‘log in’ button, it launches the whatever I put as external web browser, rather than login in.

In other feed clients, like QuiteRss an Liferea, I can click on the same button and log in and that’s it.

So what I am asking is how to do it in Thunderbird, or if it’s even possible to do it, because I could never figure how.

This is not my native language, sorry I did not get it right the first time.

Laters

Edit:

Yep, I did read thru that, it is theoretic possible, other clients do it, but they do not say how.

I think an option is to go into your preferences in your system, and look for something like “Preferred Applications” and go set Thunderbird for web. Try to log in then, and then reset the web back to what you had it as before.

Hahaha,

I never thought of that !! …

I did not work thou, when I click on it, it does nothing, just sit there, looking at me, making fun of me, haha,

But yes, this is what I need, weird ideas

Laters

I guess then it will have to be a topic for the Mozilla forum, unless others have an idea.