LibreOffice 7.0 - your experiences?

I couldn’t wait to try the new LibreOffice 7.0, for me that’s flatpak format as I’m on Debian Stable. I haven’t had a chance to try it extensively yet but I love the new splashscreen and given what reviews are saying about compatibility improvements with MS Office, would love to hear from those of you who have had a chance to play with it properly!

2 Likes

On Tumbleweed I already had it with the first install. I use LibreOffice for work. The new version looks just the same. Now is vacation time so I only opened it but still have to see what is really new but I do not need Microsoft compatibility so maybe I will not find anything special personally. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t use Microsoft products unless I have no option for interoperability with others essential workflow. Fortunately that is very rare anyway. I think the incompatibilities with MS Office have turned many away for years and though I don’t depend much on that feature myself and use LibreOffice for all my needs (going back pretty-much to the days of StarOffice freeware) I still think it could really boost the move over from MS for those who haven’t yet done it, so am particularly eager to hear about that.

I’m on Mint so, I am looking forward to trying out LO7 sometime in the fall of 2028 :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

But it looks promising!

2 Likes