Summer sales starts next month in my country and I might finally change for a laptop. I’ve looked at the possible choices for a while now and came down to this requirements :
- 14" or 15" screen, has to be good. After all it’s what you’re looking at all the time
- AMD Ryzen 5 (series 3 or 4). Most of the time I don’t need a lot of power (light gaming) but I’d like to keep it a number of years and I have some plans for photo editing and digital drawings.
- Azerty backlit keyboard
- NVMe SSD, mini 500Go
- No special needs on RAM (8 will do for now), battery performance, weight or connectivity (ethernet and sd card reader welcome but not a necessity). The usual nowadays would be ok.
- Less than 1000€.
So far I have these candidates :
- Slimbook Pro X. I think it’s the best I can get while rewarding a linux company. Most expensive of the panel though.
- Thinkpad E15. Looks a bit heavy but looks also very durable
- Huawei Matebook D 2020. Would not have thought about it except for all the good reviews I read all over the web.
- Asus Vivobook. Only one with a plastic case, even if of good quality according the reviews.
What do you think ? I was curious if anyone would come with a different recommendation