After a week of frustration and progress, I would like to officially declare https://bestdistrofor.me/ as open.
I’m not 100% where I want to be, but the hard part is done and the rest is just a little time consuming (making more JSON files for distros, taking screenshots and importing them).
Please tell me what you think, and feel free to Contribute if you know webdev.
- Multiple distributions
- A “Tried it, it wasn’t for me” button
- Links to the download page, the Linux Delta Page, the DistroTest page, and the DistroWatch page
- A hand-written description of the distribution
Next to implement:
- A couple more questions to really hone down what the user wants
- Screenshots of the distributions
A way to make sure to handle Linux Delta not having the distro
- Icons for the buttons (made, just need better CSS skills)
More distros (more than just Ubuntu based)
- Better logic
If you know webdev or want to add distros or images to the pool, helping out would be a really easy way to get points for hacktober.