Destination Linux 183: It Is Okay To Use Nano

Originally published at: https://destinationlinux.org/episode-183/

5 Likes

I havent listened yet, but of course its ok to use Nano! Its better than Vim! :innocent:

4 Likes

I was going to say “Emacs is the best!” but I remembered we were talking about text editors, not operating systems. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

I had a professor in college that called Emacs “a wonderful OS with a sub-par text editor.”

5 Likes

this was informative even for a non IT Linux newbie. the show rocks and I enjoy watching it and learning.

Peace, Lexie

2 Likes

I would just like to comment on what Ryan said about forced obsolescence on Macs, my Wife’s old Ipad Mini 2 still works fairly well to this day and still receive software updates.

So you guys should probably reexamine the thought because, old iOS devices are still supported with updates which makes me wonder about if Apple is really doing stuff like forced obsolescence.

1 Like

It’s an old grudge about Apple that I always found strange, specially seeing how quick some android phones were out of updates. Those companies should be blamed first. Same goes for the computers and the fact you can still use comfortably the last OS on some old ones.

But on another hand Apple has a habit of pushing users to the new OS with new features and launch regularly new devices which tends to tease and make feel the users like they “have” to change. :man_shrugging:

I think Apple is targeted on that subject because it’s a more popular target (more clicks…)

1 Like

Still longer term support than anything any Android companies have ever offered. iOS 14 is going to release on the iPhone 6S, a phone from 2015.

1 Like

He was right. Emacs is great once you install Vim on top, though!