ATM update anyone?

So, I hit this 7-11 out here and I go to use the ATM and I’m hit with a window on it saying: “Windows Update has Finished” and the rest of that useless text we’ve all seen before. Tried to use the ATM…totally borked. :joy::joy::joy:
AND it was the ONE time I didn’t bring a phone!!! I was so going to post a pic here for you guys!!
Doesn’t exactly make me feel comfortable using that ATM anymore… sigh

2 Likes

Some of those independent ATMs seem pretty low-tech to be honest. I often hesitate and wonder how secure they really are. And the fees. Sheesh.

1 Like

I think that not only are some of them running Windows but a lot of them are XP so they are super easy targets.

2 Likes

This is also what happens when you use Windows:

The ship was equipped with a network of 27 dual 200 MHz Pentium Pro-based machines running Windows NT 4.0

On 21 September 1997, while on maneuvers off the coast of Cape Charles, Virginia a crew member entered a zero into a database field causing an attempted division by zero in the ship’s Remote Data Base Manager, resulting in a buffer overflow which brought down all the machines on the network, causing the ship’s propulsion system to fail

https://infogalactic.com/info/USS_Yorktown_(CG-48)

smdh :man_facepalming:

1 Like