System76 Reveals Lemur Pro Laptop

Originally published at: System76 Reveals Lemur Pro Laptop - Front Page Linux

Are you in the market for a new laptop? Are you interested in making that laptop a device born to run Linux? If so, then you might want to check out the latest laptop offering from System76. System76 revealed their new 14″ Lemur Pro laptop recently and they are saying it’s the lightest laptop they’ve…

6 Likes

I am waiting to see this to decide if I will have them fix my Gazelle or just buy one of those.
Anyone here have experience with the newer Galago Pro? The non HiDPI version?

1 Like

Looks like a nice one. I do wish they would have a build-to-order option with 32GB soldered so you can go to the fully 64GB that is possible. Also, I can’t wait to see what they produce when they finally start manufacturing their own!

Very nice spec’d laptop.

I can’t wait to see their internally developed laptop.

3 Likes

Same here. Although I’m quite happy with my Gazelle, it is at the end of the day a rebadged OEM laptop. I’d like to buy one they made in house.

2 Likes

It’s been 4 weeks with the new Darter Pro. Very much enjoy the keyboard feel and response. I love the display, the weight, and the portability.
The battery is decent in comparison to my old Dell. The i5 is responsive and the SSD just makes everything fast and, for the most part, instant.
If there was one thing I could change, it would be the addition of some sort of ‘pause’ feature for the trackpad to disable it while actively typing. (Had to turn off ‘tap to click’ because this beautifully large trackpad is SO responsive, it was selecting items and portions of text while I was trying to type).

Over all, it was a steep price but very happy with the purchase. My next desktop will likely be a System76 when it comes time to replace it. It’ll be on my desk facing the wall just so I can look at that fan housing grill all day.) :stuck_out_tongue: