No one wants to talk about Meta?

ZuckerBORG, I mean, Zuckerberg announced the changing of the Facebook brandname to Meta. From CNBC

“Facebook, now known as Meta, has adopted the new moniker, based on the sci-fi term metaverse, to describe its vision for working and playing in a virtual world.”

I’m pretty sure Meta is for metadata, as in, Facebook has ALL of it now.

4 Likes

EXACTLY!

4 Likes

What’s a Facebook? Sorry, I’m not part of that world anymore and have blocked every domain, server they employ, including Meta, Instagram, Whatsapp, Twitter, Google, Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, Bing etc.

1 Like

As far as i’m concerned, everything that even remotely has to do with facebag has got to go.
This is, indeed a weak attempt to rebrand a company that has a bad track record regarding privacy and conduct towards it’s users.
Now with their new “Horizons Workrooms”, they’ve actually became BB.
This is not good.

I don’t know what it will take for people to see what kind of poison this platform really is.
A fox may lose it’s hair, but not it’s character.

1 Like

You are an inspiration to us all!

Just one more step towards making sure the world never returns to normal if you ask me. I’d prefer the fediverse over the metaverse.

I think John Carmack has a good take on this:

3 Likes

Lol. Just came across this.

1 Like

Nice Micro Monday on it:

3 Likes

Here’s a strange Canadians take on it. He actually goes over the whole presentation which, I had no idea, was over an hour long.

*language and canadian humor warning

Great article, loved it. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Thanks!

1 Like

LOL thanks, I just wanted to reply to the OP’s

No one wants to talk about Meta?

title that I don’t want to talk about it anymore after I talked about it in my video :smiley:

But in all honestly, I kind of feel like that it is quite obvious based on the recent news that social media platforms in their current form are very destructive both socially, both for psychologically, and I don’t think it really matters what company is behind that (or, frankly, even if it’s decentralized).
As long as we have these functions to share, like and comment on anything and everything with everyone (and their mother) seeing it, it’s not gonna be good.

1 Like

In some ways they are following googles lead.
Because apparently google does more then just search and email. So they needed Alphabet as an umbrella company.

So facebook are trying to tell us they do more then just facebook. Maybe they did learn a lesson when they tried to tie Oculus with a facebook account.

That is the best way to be! I need to follow in your footsteps…