New Camera - My first Nikon

I’ve been interested in photography as a hobby for a long time and I’ve managed to get a few really good shots over time.

I can be a bit of a perfectionist and sometimes get bothered by not having a specific feature or function when I need it. Years ago I bought a micro 4/3’s mirror-less camera because I wanted to upgrade from the camera I had at the time and I wanted a small, light-weight camera. About the same time, my two boys got involved in Taekwondo and it was at tournaments that I learned the biggest short-coming of this camera, a small buffer / slow fps when in burst mode.

Recently, I decided it was time to upgrade again and this time I didn’t want to get caught without a feature that I might need at some point. This led me down the research road of buying a full size DSLR. Normally, I’m a Canon fan, but I ran across a deal on a Nikon d7500 that I could not resist.

Anyway, I wanted to share a picture that i caught during my first outing with this new camera.

Shot with a d7500 and a Nikor AF-P DX 70-300mm at 300mm f/6.3 1/500 ISO 800.

Edited in Darktable.

6 Likes

That’s a nice photo.
What kind of lens did you use for the shot?

1 Like

I added the info just below the image above.

Nice :slight_smile: I’ve been looking for a decent 200mm+ lens for my Fujifilm camera for that type of shot. There’s not shortage of songbirds in my garden this time of year.

obviously the XF200 f/2 would be the go! Except for the bank account afterwards haha.

Awesome shot @Mr_McBride

2 Likes

I would absolutely love to own that lens, but that’s a lot of money to be spending on something I do as a hobby. I’ve got my eye more on the XC 50-230mm, which I could get used for about 160 euro, should my preferred used technology retailer get one in stock (I’ve even signed up for an email alert to that effect, so if they get one in I should find out).

2 Likes

Wow - that’s an awesome pic - well done and thanks for sharing!

1 Like