Escaping the Linux Bubble | DLN Xtend 82

On this episode of DLN Xtend we discuss whether people who live in Linux can take criticism from people who do not.

Welcome to episode 82 of DLN Xtend. DLN Xtend is a community powered podcast. We take conversations from the DLN Community from places like the DLN Discourse Forums, Telegram group, Discord server and more. We also take topics from other shows around the network to give our takes.

00:00 Introduction
08:34 Topic - LTT’s Linux Switch #2
42:17 Host Related Interest
53:52 Wrap Up

Nate

Matt

Contact info
Matt (Twitter @MattDLN)
Wendy (Mastodon @WendyDLN)
Nate (Website CubicleNate.com)

1 Like

I have a theory that the password issue comes from a different (maybe default) keyboard locale being used during password entry instead of the one the user picked during installation.

Just for fun, here’s all the different ways a keyboard can be set up:

# List different options
localectl list-x11-keymap-layouts # <map>
localectl list-x11-keymap-models # <model, optional>
localectl list-x11-keymap-variants # <variant, optional>
localectl list-x11-keymap-options # <options, optional>

# Set a new keyboard map
localectl set-x11-keymap <map> <model> <variant> <options>
1 Like

OpenSUSE needs to roll their own Among Us game named OpenSUS.

4 Likes

I literally laughed out loud!

1 Like

I am an “OpenSUS” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I just joined the forums after listening to most of the shows for DLN. Love to listen while making deliveries.
Just listening about the password problem when logging into system. I had that problem one time and had to reboot. Haven’t had the problem since. Running Manjaro Plasma on Dell Inspiron 5100.

4 Likes

Thanks for listening and joining us on the form! It is curious that this has been a problem for several people, but not a consistent issue.

@CubicleNate is SUS

4 Likes

Bwahahahahaha! That sounds about right.

1 Like

Is that Dell Inspiron 5100 a laptop from the early 2000s era? I have a 5100, it’s blue and been around the world with me but it is a 32bit system. Is there a 5100 I don’t know about?

Welcome to the forum!

Mine was made in 2015 and is a 64 bit system.
Came with Windows 7 and a 1tb hdd, upgraded the memory to 16 gb and Windows 10.
Got fed up with Windows and installed Manjaro Plasma and haven’t looked back.

1 Like