DLN Xtend Podcast - Continuing the discussion of the week's DLN shows

The Destination Linux Network’s latest podcast is DLN Xtend. @CubicleNate and I review this week’s Destination Linux Network shows, expanding on the topics covered and offering our own perspective. With in-depth views into Ask Noah Show, DasGeek, Destination Linux, This Week in Linux, TuxDigital, Linux for Everyone and more. We select topics we find interesting, weren’t covered in enough detail, where we disagree or otherwise want to add our viewpoint.

Any feedback you have would be appreciated. Also, if you have topic ideas or want to provide your own take on one of the topics covered on the DLN shows, let us know.

We know you are busy and appreciate (AppreciNate!) you taking time out of your day to listen to our podcast. Thank you!

11 Likes

I like where this is going!!! Hope to see a further expansion of the network as the community continues to grow. Keep up the good work DLN.

5 Likes

Can I just say this podcast failed miserably. After the BDLL show, at 2:30 am (UK time) i started listening to episode 1 to lull me to sleep, cure my insomnia and here I am at 3:30 am (UK time) still awake…

5 Likes

I guess I’m not low key enough. I’ll try to tone it down a little. I can’t make promises for @CubicleNate. :grin:

2 Likes

You both need to work on your 1970’s late night DJ voices to soothe people to sleep

4 Likes

That was really cool.
It was comforting hearing your opinions about old hardware/“flagships”.
I believe Linux is more about having an operating system that runs well on everything than scamming normies with 5K$ RGB quad-sli memes benchmarking machines that get old-fashioned every 9 months.
Keep up the good work !

5 Likes

Yes but then we get to buy up their old hardware and run it for years at a fraction of the new cost. I say let the normies continue to buy the new shiny stuff and the next time they upgrade I get to pick up bargains :rofl:

3 Likes

Loved the show @EricAdams and @CubicleNate, ‘new show, new rules’ keep it up. As @zebedee.boss said on last Nights BDLL, I will look forward to @MichaelTunnell arguing with your opinions on the next DL each week. :rofl:

7 Likes

Loved the show. Can’t wait to see where this is heading!

5 Likes

For an experiment, I thought this landed really well. You both have good chemistry that comes across well in the recording. I think you’re on to something keeping the host count low. I love DL but the format lends itself to favour breadth over depth, panels have too much going on to focus on anything at length which is completely fair with 4 hosts and a week’s news.

Can’t wait for episode one? two? :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Great!!! Good discussion with good people!

5 Likes

Listened to the Episode one release, and you both seem to be developing a great chemistry between you that bodes well as the show progresses.

As for content I’m full of a stinking cold at the moment and my ability is impaired as to remembering content, so ill have to re-listen if I wish to offer any comment.

6 Likes

I just want to say I appreciate cramming the ‘nate’ aspect into random words. Podcast is fantastic. It’s nice to get different views!

4 Likes

Such as… “ObstiNate” or Nate-Bit? :slight_smile: It’s good to be able to poke fun at oneself. After all, once you take yourself too seriously, life loses it’s fun.

3 Likes