Any Blender Users in DLN community?

Are there any Blender users inthe DLN community ? Blender 3.0 is out and honestly it is so much more pallateable to get into now ranging from Typography, 3d Modeling, Sculpting and 3d Drawing. I know there is a Photography section, so there are creatives here ! I think Michael has a Graphic design background so i was curious to know, before I started posting Donuts, Bonsai trees and Hamburgers in the forum.

Cheers :partying_face:

1 Like

Personally, I would love to see what you create here in the forums. I use Blender but for video editing. Iā€™ve never done anything substational with the 3D aspect but would love to learn to create my own video intros. So please post away.

1 Like

I think thereā€™s a file size limit on posting here maybe sub 500kb? i get very long "Processing. . . " times. Maybe Iā€™ll take screenshots and try that.

1 Like

I might start using it more for video editing. Recently I used it to give my kid ā€œforce lighteningā€ in a video but that was the first time Iā€™d ever used it. Definitely want to check out 3 if itā€™s easier to use.

1 Like

Hey there! I use Blender! In fact, Iā€™ve been adding some artwork Iā€™ve been making in Blender to this DLN thread: A Linux artwork - #14 by bhibb

Feel free to throw sdome of your art in that thread if you like!

2 Likes

Yeah, I have had trouble uploading screenshots or anything over 500kb . . . So I quickly abandoned it. but I will join your thread instead.

Sure thing! You can always link screenshots or renders using other platforms. For instance, for my videos Iā€™ve used Mastodon to host the content, and for the renders, I think I have used IMGUR. That way I can get around whatever limit there is.

Wow, that is excellent!

Iā€™m just going to reuse this thread to boost Blender users on Linux!

Hereā€™s a artwork I created with Blender on Solus.

And the AO pass:

5 Likes

This artwork is amazing!

1 Like

Thank you! And thanks to FOSS programs like Blender out there who make this stuff possible without any cost barrier to entry!

2 Likes